Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Patricia Boneo ( ) Argentina

Heal Me

Heal my wounds
O man from the North!

Heal my wounds
And clean the ones
That still lie dormant.

Put wings on them,
Water them,
Do whatever you please.

But take care of my wounds
Take a sharp knife,
Make a cut,
As deep as you want.

Press them with force,
Close my open wounds
And kiss them
with stolen kisses of happiness.

If salving them with manly saliva
Makes you an animal,
Please close them.
They should not be visible
As open wounds, but invisible
In your manliness.

*****

Only That

I do not know
How to feel in love,
Love in my life passed in a hurry.

I know it should be so
How I feel today---
The sentiments of love
Found once again
In the unfinished affections
Of fleeting love!

Only to you I owe this feeling--
I did not have enough
Of your love for me.

That night you disappeared
I do not know where
With tears in your eyes.

I wanted to hold you
In my arms extended,
And to call you back.
But how could I!
I simply did not know that.
I recall my feelings--
The love was very young,
I did not know
How to have you back.

If some time you read
And reflect in these verses,
I hope you would think of me:
A little girl so confused.

And now I rescue you telling:
How much I then wanted you!

*****

Your Absence

I am thinking of your leaving
Without a smile,
As if the sea drowning in itself
Had to flee.

I am thinking of your departure
Caressed without pain,
Without choking breath
Without vanishing love.

I do not see you within my soul
Where are you hiding, I do not know.

The wasted love
The usual pain!
My thoughts are lost,
Partly obscured
By a painting brush
In colorless strokes.

I do not see your image,
I cry in pain
Angered in sadness
Brought by your absence.

Perhaps our time is not now
Perhaps someday in the future
We will meet again freely.

If one of these days
Love pulls me out of my life,
Without using your knife
Cut me off once again!

It hurts, yes, it hurts
But it’s the love that goes,
Without permission,
In another’s arms I seek.

*****

I Have Stopped Loving You

I want to stop loving you,
And thus forget
what once we were.

You kissed me in timid flying kisses,
You held me to your chest sighing
As if you wanted me no more.

You get up in the morning
And leave me alone,
I am defenseless
I can fly no more.

Now I do not love you
I am in another’s arms,
Loving and being loved.
I have stopped loving you
I don’t care where you go.

Your looks, your walk
Your lack of manliness,
Matters to me no more.

*****

Premonition

I’m afraid I’ve a premonition:
You would come back,
Invade me, destroy me
And then go away.

I see your betrayal
When you come to me,
You make my soul restless,
And I pray for protection.

You do not know me,
My soul is full of grief,
That’s why I cry.

Would you go away
And hurt me no more.

*****

Presentimiento

Tengo miedo presentimiento
que vengas a mi,
Tu me invades,
me destrozas y
luego de vas.

Mira que sos traicionero.
Cuando te acercas a mi,
me inquietas el alma.
Le pido a Dios protección!

Tu no me conoces
tengo llena el alma de pena
por tanto llorar.

Vete si puedes
y no te me acerqués más.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Poems of the Coffee Shop

This solitude is hurting me
It is tearing my skin penetrating it
It is giving me such a furrow
That only I can calm it
With the echo of an untiring
Memory which I was.

I want to fight and hurt you
As you imprison me without pity.
I want to rip your innerself,
I want to drown myself without your silence.

It seems I have forces and I fight,
In this battle I must win over you
For myself and those that I want.

Your presence gives me pain.
Your presence violates my existence.
No body would understand the terrible
silence that exists inside me –
that you are treacherous,
you do not announce yourself.
But I sense you each day,
wishing it could be otherwise,
I keep on seeing you.

*****

Poemas de Confiteria

Esta soledad que me lastima.
Penetra en mi piel rasgándola.
Es tanto el surco que me deja
solo puedo calmarla
con el murmullo del recuerdo
incansable de lo que fui.

Quiero combatirte y lastimarte.
Como tu sin piedad me aprisionas.
Quiero desgarrarte en tus adentros,
quiero ahogarme sin tu silencio.

Mira que tengo fuerzas y lucho
en esta batalla debo de ganarte
por mi y los que quiero.

Tu presencia me hace daño.
Tu presencia involuciona mi ser.
Nadie puede comprender
el atroz silencio que existe
en mis adentros, es que eres
traicionera, no te anuncias.
Pero yo te intuyo cada día,
cuando espero que alguien
que no sea yo, te encuentre.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Paper in White
(to my father Martin Alberto Boneo)

What a seducer you are
Paper in white!
You stare at me
And tell me:
Write something.
Make a poem.

A cold sweat
Runs through my veins,
That alerts me.
I begin writing
Forcefully.

Note: First draft. Needs corrections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home