Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Miguel Hernandez ( ) Spain

You Threw Me A Lemon
(IV: from El Rayo Que No Cesa)

You threw me a lemon, and so bitter,
with a warm hand, and so pure,
that its shape did not change
and I tasted its bitterness nevertheless.

With the yellow blow, from a sweet
lethargy, passed an anxious fever
in my blood feeling the bite
of a tip of a firm and full breast.

But looking at you and seeing the smile
that broke from you at this lemony act,
so different from my voracious malice,

my blood stood still inside my shirt,
and returned to the porous and golden chest
a pointed and dazzling pain.

***

Me tiraste un limón, y tan amargo
con una mano cálida, y tan pura,
que no menoscabó su arquitectura
y probé su amargura sin embargo.

Con el golpe amarillo, de un letargo
dulce pasó a una ansiosa calentura
mi sangre, que sintió una mordedura
de una punta de seno duro y largo.

Pero al mirarte y verte la sonrisa
que te produjo el limonado hecho,
a mi voraz malicia tan ajena,

se me durmió la sangre en la camisa,
y se volvió el poroso y áureo pecho
una picuda y deslumbrante pena.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home