Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Vicente Aleixandre ( ) Mexico

Lover

What I do not want
is to give you the words of day dreams.
Not to spread the image with my lips
on your face, nor with my kiss.
I take the tip of your finger
with pink nail, for my gesture,
and, in this manner of airs,
I give it back to you.
From the grace and the lightsomeness of your pillow.
And the heat of your exotic eyes.
And the light of your secret
breasts.
Like the moon in the spring
a window
gives us yellow light, and a heart
beat
seems to flow back from you to me.
It’s not that. Nor will it be. Your true sense
has already given me the peace,
the beautiful secret,
the charming dimple,
the lovely corner of your mouth
and the weary
morning.

Note: First draft. Needs revisions. Suggestions/comments to smooth out the translation are welcome.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Amante

Lo que yo no quiero
es darte palabras de ensueño,
ni propagar imagen con mis labios
en tu frente, ni con mi beso.
La punta de tu dedo,
con tu uña rosa, para mi gesto
tomo, y, en el aire hecho,
te la devuelvo.
De tu almohada, la gracia y el hueco.
Y el calor de tus ojos, ajenos.
Y la luz de tus pechos
secretos.
Como la luna en primavera,
una ventana
nos da amarilla lumbre. Y un estrecho
latir
parece que refluye a ti de mí.
No es eso. No será. Tu sentido verdadero
me lo ha dado ya el resto,
el bonito secreto,
el graciosillo hoyuelo,
la linda comisura
y el mañanero
desperezo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home